Zero Tolerance towards Abuse
You are responsible for all scripts, programs, data and other objects/media on your account. Furthermore you are responsible for any messages and data sent by scripts or programs on your account.
We define abusive scripts as those that:
- interfere with our systems and/or accounts belonging to other customers
- cause harm to any computer system
- engage in malicious or fraudulent activity
Any account found to be hosting an abusive script will be immediately suspended and investigated. We will always notify customers and if appropriate, fully co-operate with the authorities.
You must not use the service for the transmission of illegal material. You agree to refrain from sending or receiving any materials which may be deemed to be offensive, abusive, indecent, defamatory, obscene, menacing or otherwise as prohibited by current and future statutes in force. You agree to refrain from sending or receiving any material which may be in breach of copyright, confidence, privacy or other rights. If you are in any doubt as to the legality of what you are doing, or propose to do, you should take independent legal advice.
- All content uploaded to your hosting service must conform to UK law. It is Your responsibility to ensure this. Storage, distribution of or transmission of illegal materials may lead to investigation and possible prosecution by the relevant authorities.
- You must not gain or attempt to gain unauthorised access to any computer systems for any purpose. Such action may lead to criminal prosecution under the Computer Misuse Act.
- You must not send data to the internet using forged addresses or data which is deliberately designed to adversely affect remote machines (including but not limited to denial of service (DDoS), worms and viruses, trojans and ping storms).
- You must ensure that local PCs and network connected servers are not configured to allow open relay and must not participate in the sending of unsolicited bulk email (commonly referred to as ‘spam’).
- You are prohibited from running ‘port scanning’ or other software intended to probe, scan, test the vulnerability of or access remote systems or networks except in circumstances where the remote user has given express permission for this to be done. We may ask for evidence of such permission.
- You must take all reasonable steps to ensure that your password and login credentials remain confidential.
- Open proxy servers are not permitted under any circumstances and will result in immediate termination of service.
- Sites must not contain ‘hateful’ material or content which seeks to incite hate.
- Sites must not contain images, videos, depictions or descriptions of pornography which is unlawful in the UK or which is deemed to be distasteful at our sole discretion.
- Sites must not contain ‘warez’, copyrighted music/videos or links to such content. It is the sole responsibility of the user to ensure that they have the rights to distribute any content displayed on their website.
- Sites must conform to UK copyright law.
Web usage policies apply to hosting space We provide to You. You agree:
- To take full responsibility of all content hosted on your account(s).
- To ensure the all material on your hosting space was created by you or you have permission to use it.
- To take full responsibility of any dispute about infringement of copyright or intellectual property rights associated with your web site.
- Not to promote or distribute any material that is illegal in the UK
W3 Systems operated a zero-tolerance policy on spam and sending of unsolicited bulk emails is prohibited at all times. Customers who abuse our email service will received a notice of the abuse and their account may be terminated or suspended. We also expect that:
- You agree not to send any emails likely to cause distress or any material which is offensive, indecent, obscene, menacing or in any way unlawful.
- You will not use our mail services or network to send email to any user who does not wish to receive it.
- You will not use our mail services or network to send unsolicited email, in bulk (commonly known as ‘spam’) or individually.
- You wll not use our mail services or network with intent to deprive others of service (‘mail bomb’).
- You will not use false mail headers or alter the headers of mail messages in such a way as to conceal the identity of the sender.
- You do not use any email address that you are not authorised to use.
- No email servers connected to our network and operated by you will be configured to allow ‘open relay’.
- You have a clear opt out policy in all newsletter communications.